Charges filed in Lake Martin death | Crime
Brian Alan Little, 26, of Montgomery has been charged with the death of a woman after a Labor Day Weekend boating accident.
Police say Little was the operator of the pontoon boat Ashely Anne Williams was riding in when she fell overboard and was run over by the propeller of the boat.
Little allegedly swam ashore and fled the scene of the accident.
He is charged with Homicide by Vessell (an unclassified felony) and Failing to Render Aid at the Scene of a Boating Accident. Penalty for both charges is up to 5 years in prison plus fines.
Little is being held in the Elmore County Jail with a bond of $50,000.
Police believe alcohol was a factor in the case, 8 other people were also on the boat, they do not face any charges at this time.
Top Lake Martin Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Undocumented immigrant kills girlfriend in Alex City murder-suicide
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Police continue investigating shots fired into building on 280
- 6/18/2013: Front Page: Lake stakeholders oppose FERC’S refusal of proposal
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 6/14 - 6/16
- Alex City authorities start death investigation after couple found dead inside home
- Auburn police plan 2 checkpoints on June 26
- Pair caught with stolen property, hit with theft and drug charges
- Briggs and Stratton to Sponsor Annual Fourth of July Celebration
- Auburn City Pools Offer Float-N-Movies and Friday Night Splash Events
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- National Tae Kwon Do champion from Tallassee
- Authorities kill "nuisance" gator on Rifle Range Road
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallassee City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallapoosa County schools
- 3 suspects in Tallassee child sex abuse case have first court hearing