The Alabama Wildlife Federation's Wild Game Cook-Off is set for May |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Sample the best wild game in Alabama at the AWF/AANG Wild Game Cook-Off and Silent Auction on Saturday, May 5, at the Lake Martin Amphitheater in Eclectic, AL!
As always, the popular event will bring teams from across the area to vie for the titles of best wild game chefs in the area. Winners of the various categories will then be invited to the state finals held in Millbrook in August 2012. Entry for cook teams is free and all teams must pre-register prior to the day of the event. Categories include wild game, fish and fowl and prizes will be awarded to first through third place in each division as well as best overall and best presentation.
The real winners, however, are the guests in attendance as they are invited to sample the offerings of each of the teams in competition. Ample servings of superb game dishes are always featured, including entrees such as venison, wild hog, quail, duck, turkey, dove and much more!
The festivities kick off at 6:00 p.m. and in addition to the outstanding cuisine there will be musical entertainment, a raffle and silent auction.
Tickets are $50 per couple/person at the door or just $40 prior to the event and free for cook teams and children under 15 years of age. The ticket price includes a one-year membership to the Alabama Wildlife Federation, a subscription to the Alabama Wildlife magazine, and all of the free samples of food you can eat!
To purchase tickets or register a cook team, call AWF at 1-800-822-9453. Tickets may also be purchased by contacting Fish Tales Bait & Tackle 256-212-9850, Christi Richardson at 256-749-5448, or The Sure Shot 256-329-0080.
Source: Alabama Wildlife Federation
Top Lake Martin Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grants boost 'Click it or Ticket' enforcement over Memorial Day holida
- 1 Alex City police officer fired, second arrested but back on the job
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 5/21
- Suspect identities released in connection with multi-county drug sting
- Seven arrested in multi-county narcotics sting
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents