The 16th annual Take Back the Night Rally and Vigil is tomorrow | Community Spirit
Standing Together Against Rape (STAR) will host the 16th annual Take Back the Night Rally and Vigil on April 12th on the steps on the State Capitol.
This event is to support anyone who has been sexually assaulted in Montgomery and the surrounding counties.
The evening's speakers include Reverend Edward Nettles of the "Enough is Enough" Stop the Violence Campaign and Ms. Cheryl Lang-Hardley, the coordinator of Standing Together Against Rape Sexual Assault Program. Sexual Assault survivors in attendance will also have the opportunity to speak out.
The entire community is asked to come show their compassion and support for those who have been victims of sexual assault.
The rally and vigil will take place on Thursday April 12th at 6:00 p.m. on the steps of the State Capitol building. In case of rain, it will be held at the Dexter Avenue Methodist Church at 301 Dexter Ave.
There will be free food and entertainment. Bikers are asked to ride down Perry Street and up Dexter Avenue in support of this event.
Top Lake Martin Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents