Guilty plea entered for fatal 2010 Lake Martin accident | Crime
LAKE MARTIN, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery man changed his plea to guilty today relating to a fatal accident in Lake Martin over the 2010 Labor Day weekend.
According to the Elmore County District Attorney's Office, Brian Little changed his plea to guilty in the death of 26-year-old Ashley Anne Williams.
Williams was killed after she fell off of a pontoon boat and was then run over by that same boat. Little, the driver of the boat, swam ashore and fled the scene after the accident. Authorities said alcohol was a factor in that accident.
Little pleaded guilty to homicide by vessel, an unclassified felony, and will be sentenced on July 31. He is currently free on bond pending sentencing. Eight other people were on the boat at the time of the accident, they were not charged.
Top Lake Martin Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids