AUM Men's soccer to host college prep camp in February | Events
The Auburn University at Montgomery men's soccer program and the Wulf Koch Soccer Academy will host its annual College Prep Camp, a two-day camp and clinic, on February 2-3, 2013, at the AUM Soccer Stadium.
The event is open to boys ages 15 and up and provides an opportunity to become more familiar with the elite college level. This camp has a specifically designed curriculum and will feature only the best and most effective techniques available. All instruction will be conducted by college coaches, who will put campers through the paces of a typical college pre-season routine.
The camp setting will challenge the field players in attacking skills, speed of play, and quick decision making through small-sided, 11 vs. 11 matches. The goalkeepers will be challenged through individual exercises, as well as full-sided activities.
The camp director is AUM head coach Wulf Koch, who after leading the AUM women's program for three seasons to a record of 49-18-3 and a 2004 NAIA National Tournament "Sweet 16" appearance, took over the AUM men's program in 2007. In his six years as the men's coach, his record stands at 79-32-11. It includes a NAIA Final Four appearance, a NAIA quarterfinal appearance, a Regional Championship as well as the 2012 SSAC Conference Tournament Championship.
Registration for the camp is $100 and space is limited. A training shirt is also included in the registration fee.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top Lake Martin Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grants boost 'Click it or Ticket' enforcement over Memorial Day holida
- 1 Alex City police officer fired, second arrested but back on the job
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department Blotter - 5/21
- Suspect identities released in connection with multi-county drug sting
- Seven arrested in multi-county narcotics sting
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents