Dams along Coosa River being opened | News
LAKE MARTIN, AL (WSFA) - Alabama Power says it is opening spillway gates at its Henry, Jordan, Lay, Logan Martin, and Mitchell dams along the Coosa River to help manage flows and rising lake levels brought on by continued rainfall.
Spill operations will continue for several days, according to the power company, as it manages excess water flow. While water levels at Weiss and Logan Martin are above normal yearly levels, officials say they don't expect them to reach or exceed summer pool levels.
On the Warrior River, Smith Lake is expected to crest late Friday or Saturday near elevation 514 feet, or about 4 feet above its summer pool elevation. No spill operations are expected on Alabama Power's Tallapoosa River dams.
For updates about lake conditions or more information about Alabama Power lakes, go to http://lakes.alabamapower.com or call 1-800-LAKES11.
Upcoming Events near Lake Martin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade